Tue, Jul 03|
The Orthopaedic Therapy Clinic
Assessment and Exercise Interventions for Low Back Pain (1)
Bridge the gap between the classroom and your career! This 2-day practical course will give you the knowledge and skills to assess, treat and manage acute and chronic low back pain. Space is limited!
Time & Location
Jul 03, 2018, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Orthopaedic Therapy Clinic, 1075 Bay St #603, Toronto, ON M5S 2B1, Canada
About the Event
The course was developed to build practical skills that are essential for working both independently and within a multidisciplinary clinical setting. Learn how to deliver a structured examination of the lumbar spine, create a treatment plan, and develop exercise intervention strategies for all stages of recovery.
By using a highly-interactive format of lecture, practical and case study examples, attendees will integrate knowledge with skills in order to develop their confidence with this client population.
The major topics covered in this intensive course include:
• Clinical presentation and patho-kinesiological mechanisms of injury/disease progression
• Ruling out non-musculoskeletal sources of low back pain
• Effective and evidence-based categorization of low back pain
• Taking a history that helps you refine your assessment approach
• Developing clinical reasoning and critical thinking skills
• Evidence-based assessment of spinal movement and restrictions
• Selecting and performing relevant postural, palpation and measurement tests
• Science and application of exercise interventions from acute to post-rehab stages, including motor control, stabilization, directional preference, and condition-specific exercise.
As part of the course materials, attendees will also receive the following tools designed to meet the CKO Standards:
• Digital assessment forms and charts for use in your specific practice, that you can modify to suit your particular needs
• Exercise illustrations and detailed descriptions specific to client type
• Exercise progressions designed to help take the guesswork out of progressing client exercise programs.
Early Bird Registration
Spaces are limited! Register now and get significant savings over the regular course price of $535. This offer ends on Friday May 11, 2018. Please note that all prices include HST.